Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jeeze!!

I wish I knew what time the order is coming tomorrow.... BLAH! 


Enough about that though.. I was able to stop by Cattails bookstore today and pick up a copy of short stories by Mark Twain and a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring. Ive never been a Tolken fan.. To hard for me to read. (I think he is a bit too wordy). But I figured Id give it another try.  Its been almost 15 years since I attempted to read The Hobbit.. And maybe my brain has evolved to absorb something a bit more wordy!

I'm scouring my brain and trying to decide what to cook this weekend for eating next week.  That is how I'm having to cook these days.  Major kitchen time on the weekends, so during the week its mostly "heat and eat"!  I have a couple of GREAT cookbooks to page through.  660 curries, and The Shoshoni cookbook!  Im sure I will find SOMETHING in those that will make good use of my bulk: lentils, chickpeas, black beans, quinoa, fava beans, rice, spelt flour, and sugar!  We may not be rich.. But when I look into my pantry I feel rich.. I know that we can literally eat for months on what we have grown processed stored and bought.  In addition to the bulk dry goods we also keep in the house a gallon of safflower oil, liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, SALT and Peanut butter!  We usually have bulk pasta on hand too.  (although lately I've taken to making it from scratch).

I get a TON of satisfaction in feeding my family.  Its my FAVORITE job!  If I don't have lunch started right after breakfast I get CRABBY!  I would rather be in my kitchen listening to the radio and Payton playing or reading than anywhere else in the WORLD!  Its my zone!  Get outta my way I'm in the ZONE! 

Thats not to say that I do not have some flops from time to time.  Just this weekend I was making a quinoa dish for myself for the week.. And it was horrible.  It went to the chickens.  (nice thing about chickens, they make you feel like your NEVER wasting food!)

hmmm... maybe Ill make a curry soup.  Chickpeas, potatoes, tomatoes, kale, celery coconut milk and spices!!  YUMMMMMMY!  Oh yeah.. And SQUASH!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment