Sunday, November 14, 2010

Breakfast and then some!!

THANK YOU ROBIN!!  Your recipe for homemade re-fried beans has exceeded my expectations!  Never again will I succumb to gnarly, over cooked, dry, burnt or otherwise inedible homemade beans of the re-fried variety!  

So... here it is! 

1 decent sized onion (peeled and halved)
3 cups dried pinto beans- rinsed
1/2 fresh jalapeno (I didn't have these so I substituted 3 dried hot chilis!!)
2 tbsp minced garlic
5 tsp. salt (only if using just water.. broth already has salt)
8 cups water
(or just 8 cups veggie or chicken broth) 
1 3/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cumin

add everything to a crock pot, stir, cook on high for 8 hrs.  Add more water if needed (I did not need to). Mash beans or stir and continue to cook and they will self mash!


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment