Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I woke up this morning with a MISSION!  I need to make vegan alternatives for me and one of my sisters.  So...  I got to cooking!! (my favorite thing to do!!) 

Of course Payton wanted pancakes for breakfast first!! 

Vegan stuffing!  I bought a bag of Arrowhead Organic Stuffing mix from the co-op, I heated 1 cup chopped local onions, and 1 cup organic celery and 1 1/5 cup of veggie broth from the soup I made last night for dinner.  Saute all the veggies in olive oil, add the stock bring to a boil and add the mix.  Stir it all together and let it rest for 5 min.  Ill heat it up at my Dads. 

I also decided that waking Christian up would be easiest with the smell of pumpkin pie baking!  So.. Took some squash out of the freezer and whipped it up into pie filling.. Using coconut milk instead of egg and condensed milk. The crust I made with coconut oil, spelt flour, sea salt, vinegar and water.  Should be DELICIOUS! 

Ive got all my goodies ready for the pickle tray Ive been instructed to bring.  With TONS of goodies from Moreys markets! (man.. i love that place).  Marinated mushrooms, olives, pickles, asparagus spears, and pickled herring are just a few items that will be on our platter! 

Ive also got a Field Roast thawing for my sister and I to feast on.  That I will just brown on the stove top, and stick it in the oven for half an hour or so.  Pretty simple and they are soooo darn tasty and moist!

Whatever your eating today, I hope you eat it with intention and gusto! Remembering where it came from.   And... I hope your day is full of stories, laughs and some tears, as Im sure mine will be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment