Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thank the lord for Fleetwood Mac and Rumors.

Listening to the record right now, transports me to a time when musicians honed and mastered their crafts over years and years, and hundreds of hours in the studio.. Now we live in an age where you do not even have to sing in key, or be able to strum a note on a guitar or blow through a horn. Everything is preprogrammed and pitch corrected.  I say.. transparent.  I say.. thin.

 I love the warmth of vinyl, the crackle, the act of sifting through our record pile to find "just what fits" at any one moment.  To know that those artists wrote their own songs, spent so many hours in the studio, had relationships begin and end during the making of these albums, makes them so much more "real" to me than these "industry made" prototypes of musicians.  These "entertainers".  I guess that is all we should view them as.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??  well.. honestly.. NO, I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment