Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Going raw!

I spent most of the weekend in my kitchen getting things prepped for this coming week.  I made a fresh batch of cabbage slaw, a batch of almond yogurt, and cashew cheese.  I also experimented with Flax for crackers.  I hydrated about a 2/3 cup flax in water with a squirt of aminos, and some garlic and onion flakes.  I let that soak for several hours and then stir it up to check the constancy. (i wanted it pretty gelatinous) then I simply poured it into the tray in my dehydrator set it for 105 and walked away. Several hours later I had some VERY tasty crackers!  As soon as I put my first batch in the dehydrator I started my second batch. This time with Nutritional yeast, onion, and sea salt.  Then when the first was done the second could go in.  I estimate that I should eat a batch a day.  So Ive been keeping my dehydrator VERY busy!  And yes... The nutritional yeast Crackers were AWESOME! 

Breakfast today was:
A banana
3 flax crackers topped with Cashew cream cheese, sea salt, and Chard leaves
1 chard stem
1/2 roma tomato

Ive been really craving Avocados!  I can't wait for our produce to arrive at the co-op so I can buy a whole bunch!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment