Monday, December 27, 2010

My Vegan Holiday..

Wow!!  That was CRAZY!! 

A vegan holiday to remember.. From Green bean casserole to tofurkies!  Sushi to Sweet Potatoes!  I could not have been happier about what foods I chose to eat! 

Vegan Mushroom soup:


1 package of mushrooms.. (your choice)
1 medium onion
2 celery stalks
mimic cream (almond heavy cream) 1 cup or so..
earth balance vegan butter
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Water
Flour

Saute mushrooms, onions, and celery in a Bit of your earth balance, Add about a quart of water maybe a bit more if you want more mass to your soup.  Add about a cup of mimic cream salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.. bring to a soft boil.. in a separate dish warm a stick of earth balance until it is liquid, then whisk in flour until it becomes goopy and sticks to your whisk.  Then turn down your soup to simmer and whisk in the rue to thicken your soup!  Taste and see if if needs more salt and pepper! 

I NEVER follow a recipe.  So I'm always altering EVERYTHING that I make.  This is pretty basic and will be your base for the Green Bean Casserole!  Gotta love that holiday favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment